Coca-Cola Mystery Shopper Excite Lekki Residents

Eight lucky Lagosians in Lekki, a high brow area of the bustling city of Lagos were rewarded by Mystery Shoppers from The Coca-Cola Company in the ongoing Mystery shopper activation which is also running in the city of Abuja since June. They were all rewarded with cheques of N 10,000 each to commemorate its 125th year of existence.




Paul Degboe, a cook at one of the residence on Admiralty road, Lekki Phase one was the first recipient. He was sent out by his employer to purchase some items and because He usually finds it difficult and unappetizing to eat the meal he prepares, He decided to stop by at the closest Tantalizers outlet to get something to eat, that was where he was spotted by the Mystery Shopper.
Deinde Peters a 47-year-old Systems Engineer based in the United States of America also got a cheque from the Mystery Shopper. “I came into the country for a short period and decided to have lunch at KFC in The Palms” he says “and I was already done with my meal when a man walked up to me and asked if I was the one that just finished the can of Fanta, I was reluctant to respond at first but when I saw that he is a gentleman I responded and he gave me a cheque of N10, 000”.




Another beneficiary, Miss Gina Oboita, a 35 year old business woman who resides in Isaac John, Fadeyi said she was shopping in Shoprite, Lekki and bought three Packs of Fanta, Coke and Sprite in Cans when a man approached her and wanted to know why she bought the products. “After giving my reasons, he presented me with a cheque of N10, 000 and said its Coca-Cola’s way of showing appreciation to its loyal consumers. I was excited because I have been taking Coke since I was a kid, there is not a time you will come to my house without finding various Coca-Cola products in my fridge.” She added.
“I love the gas in Coke”, exclaimed Barbara Sinclair, a 24- year-old IT executive of Spexes consulting Limited who answered correctly the question the Mystery Shopper asked her which automatically earned her a cheque of N10,000. According to her, “the Mystery Shopper came in a strange manner and engaged all of us taking Coca-Cola products in a discussion and asked us what year Coca-Cola was invented and none of us could get the right answer, He then asked us when it came into Nigeria and I gave him the correct answer and I was rewarded immediately with a cheque of N10, 000.” 

 
According to Mr. Austin Ufomba, Marketing director of Coca-Cola Nigeria, “Mystery shopper concept is a Coca-Cola’s unique way of rewarding its consumers. “We marked our 125th anniversary a few weeks ago and this is one of the ways we chose to say ‘Thank you’ to our consumers. We owe the unmatched success and longevity of the Coca-Cola brand to them.”
He stressed that every day in the month of June and beyond, ‘Mystery Shoppers will go out and randomly reward consumers in various parts of the city of Lagos after engaging them in fruitful discussion on why they prefer Coca-Cola products-which would be followed by the handsome reward. This activation has already been generating excitement across Lagos since June 7, and over 50 winners are said to have emerged already.





Comments